Sunday, March 07, 2010

Why?

I lived in 38 different hotels, had food in more than 100 towns, covered at least 4 states, met my friends for a cumulative 24 hours, and family for 3 days, in the last 10 months. I felt really happy for a cumulative maximum of say what 3 weeks. 3 weeks in 10 months

i live 3000 kms away from my parents, and don't know where i will be next month.

Why am i doing what i am doing.

I sit on sundays, and wonder, always wonder, why?

Why?

and yet, i still do it, keep on doing it, Will keep on doing it.

Why?


What is happening to this Indian generation?
Are we compromising the little things in life which constitute happiness, for the elusive future that probably awaits us on the supposed end of this compromise.

I met a guy the other day. He lives in a small backward town with his parents. He is going to get married soon. He doesn't earn too much. Still, he parties with all his friends every weekend.

Goes back home every night!!

And honestly, he is more happy than I am.

Yet why?

which is the right path?

one question: I am running after an elusive future that i have always dreamt off, but am I loosing the present in this race.

I console myself, that this is a temporary phase. That life will soon move into that future that i Dream of.

Lets hope it does....

9 comments:

  1. Dude, chill maar!!!its stupid to think that we are on the wrong path.think about it,who gains such a salary without any pain.its all gonna be fine yaar ..hold on for one more month.trust me noone has it easy in life

    ReplyDelete
  2. without any pains....says who?

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too asked this question to myself... then u know the decisions i made in the last few months....

    i think only one himself can answer this ques... why is he doing what he is doing n is it worth...

    if u think it is, then go ahead man...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:34 PM

    This is not compromising but perpetual dichotomy in our lives ...Happiness and path we choose for our dreams.
    Relax into the loving arms of existence
    Keep going .....you will accomplish future you dream t off.

    Be Blissful !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure everything will be fine. At least, that is what I think as I ask the same questions to myself. You are in a village, or a super rich country, does not matter. Home will always be home and that is where I have to go back, or rather return to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The repetitive and soothing thoughts of the so called great future are very monotonous in nature. They make you fall for them ... The rhythm of routine paralyses you partially and then you are hypnotised ...

    take care buddy ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. one needs to know what one wants from life....what do u want to do in ur life ?? enjoy ? contribute? love ? achieve ? what is more important to u ?? family? friends? job? passions? money ? fame?
    everything is important in its own league...to have balance in d state of mind, its important we SET OUR PRIORITIES...and then act accordingly..

    u nvr knw, that person in d backward village who lives wid his parents, might be wondering-- 'kaash main sid sir ki tarah saab hota, gaadi main ghoomta, parents se alag rehta etc etc'

    no matter how much u console, life is only going to get tougher as time progresses, joy comes if one sets his priorities, and then sticks to them , no matter what...

    raigarh aa next weekend, we can increase our cummulative frnds time :)

    ReplyDelete

Care to ride along??